As much as I intended to post to my blog each day, I just plain blew it off. NIACC XC began with a camp meeting last Sunday the 4th and I feel as if I've been hustling every day since, including getting around to riding my bike again!
I spent time on Monday, the 5th, marking a one mile course for a baseline time trial for our teams. Also took the opportunity to run it myself for some faster paced stuff, in fact, I'm learning that running with the teams helps me get in the faster stuff and some sustained runs with Curtis Vais. It's kicking my butt and I like feeling like this again...guess my daily Lime Creek excursions were pretty tame as I gave in too soon to feeling tired.
|Some of the NIACC XC training on campus.|
- Monday the 5th, 8 miles;
- Tuesday the 6th, 11 miles...some of this was on the Park to Park race course in Cedar Falls where we took the XC teams for a field trip.
- Wednesday the 7th, 10 miles.
Found a nice cluster of edible Sulfur Cap Mushrooms !
- Thursday the 8th, a 10 mile road bike ride to get my bike computer re-calibrated and 3 mile hike.
- Friday the 9th, 7 miles squeezed into a busy day.
- Saturday the 10th, a 22 mile bike ride with friends in Cedar Falls and more reconnaissance of the Park to Park course and a 3 mile recovery hike in the evening.
- Sunday the 11th, 9 miles including a 4 mile run with the XC teams on Lime Creek. This gave me a total of 51 miles and 32 miles on the bike.