Thursday, June 27, 2013

Can these rickety old legs gain speed again?

Drove to Cedar Falls this morning and plan to run with Scott Gall's group from The Runner's Flat at 6 PM. Time trial scheduled tonight with a potluck following at Singlespeed Brewery .... recovery drink anyone?

Looking forward to it. But weather is rather warm and still humid.

More later...

11:00 PM - OK, so I reconfirmed I can't run fast with only slow miles in training.  Thought I might be able to endure a 6 minute mile in a TT but could only manage a 6:59!  Gives me a reality check and something to build on.  I will get better.

Really great group to work with and believe there were over 30 runners for the TT.  Lots of fun at the brewery tap room following.  Tried some new brews and they were great.



No comments:

Post a Comment