Monday, August 18, 2014

Traffic

By virtue of logging my miles on the Lime Creek Trails nearly every day, I tend to see patterns in frequency of use.

Sunday afternoon was a day that the NIACC Cross Country teams chose to use the trails for a longer run. The new dog park for Mason City is currently nearing completion of a building phase, so additional parking is available at the trailhead on Elm Drive. I've never seen so many cars parked there, at once. And only a couple were for the dog park. The rest were out using the trail system. WOW!



Zerble Trail entrance to the Lime Creek system

Whereas I usually run to the trail, today I needed to have my Jeep available

Out on the trails was hot and humid today but enough shade to be tolerable. Every year it's amazing to see a few clumps of Surprise Lilies erupt beside the trail!

I spent a fair amount of time on Saturday and Sunday on the computer using live-tracking to follow friends and acquaintances who were running Pikes Peak Ascent and Marathon and some at the Leadville 100. Some great performances and brought back lots of memories for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment