Thursday, August 21, 2014

Making Right Turns On the Track!

This week has been a bit hectic....I've felt a bit rushed and confused at times....like making right turns on the track.

There's been a bit of sensory overload as I want to read race reports from Pikes Peak Ascent and Marathon and from Leadville. Lots of excellent reports to read and lessons learned! Friends like George Zack and Brandon Fuller's reports but then podcasts with Leadville's winner, Rob Krar, or 2nd place finisher, Mike Aisch. There's just not enough time what with NIACC XC Camp and all.

I spent yesterday marking the trail for the afternoon practice at Pilot Knob.



I was able to include a full loop of the park and the varied terrain. It was a great workout for me in the morning and seems that the athletes enjoyed the run in the afternoon. It's a great park for a hill workout and only 30 minutes drive from Mason City.

In addition to the practices, I've been trying to introduce the team to our followers of the NIACC Track and Field / XC Facebook page. By using 5 questions, I've been posting a different individual each day. Lots of fun and a chance to reuse "off the wall" questions that I've heard on some of the podcasts that I subscribe to.



No comments:

Post a Comment