Monday, August 6, 2012

Complexing the Schedule...XC Begins

When I began this blog my intent was to record my progress in the workouts and also make notes about many different aspects noted along the trail.  Since riding RAGBRAI, I've found it difficult to sit down and make the record each day.  I now am working again with the city of Plymouth and as of yesterday, NIACC's cross country camp has begun.

I did record rather steady mileage last week with two workouts each day.  Ended up with 64 miles for the week ending Sunday August 5.

The XC squad starts the year with 14 men and 7 women.  Today will be a one mile, baseline time trial to help gauge where the athletes are relative to the sessions we have planned for the next few weeks.  Curtis and I are both excited for what appears to be another great fall season!

A couple of brisk miles at the college then a good hike yet tonight!

The drought this summer has left the streams and river along Lime Creek as low as I've ever seen them.



No comments:

Post a Comment