Thursday, May 2, 2013

Devastated By Debris

As I re-read yesterday's post, I realized that my current state of training is not dissimilar from what it was like to be a kid running around the neighborhood. That point was driven home today as an uncharacteristic snow storm in May hit and left about 6" of wet, heavy snow.  The woodland trails became devastated with broken tree limbs and fallen trees. There were over 2 dozen downed branches or trees in a 2 mile stretch. So today's 4 mile run/hike involved a lot of obstacle course work and included a fair amount of trail maintenance on my part as I threw limbs and dragged branches off trail!





Another interesting comparison goes back to a post I made a couple weeks ago but with an additional photo from today.
4/23/2012

4/16/2013

5/2/2013
Also devastated by the surprise snow were the spring wave of migrating birds.  They were all over the place in the woods but seemed disjointed and surprisingly tame.

Yellow-rumped Warbler that refused to fly when approached.  I hope it survives the surprise storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment