Friday, May 3, 2013

Unbelievable

Additional snow overnight to reach a total between 8 and 9 inches.  I've snowshoed in April before but today headed out to snowshoe in May.  The loop left me really worked.  The knees felt better than on any of my recent runs.  Makes me think that had we seen a normal amount of snow this year, I would be much more fit and perhaps the knees would be stronger as well.

I'll post a series of photos to demonstrate the trail conditions and you'd never know this is spring rather than winter.

Dion's in May? Another 'shoer and a skier were out before me.

May 3, 2013






At one point during the 7 mile loop. I saw evidence of where a cottontail rabbit became lunch to a hawk.  I saw where the initial hit from above occurred, a couple of hops losing fur and bit of blood then the bird's take-off with its prey.

wing angels from take-off



No comments:

Post a Comment