Monday, January 14, 2013

Motivation

This time of year always presents a dilemma when the snow conditions are poor.  In recent years, I've always looked forward to being able to run snowshoes.  But last winter and, so far, this winter, snow conditions in Iowa have not been very agreeable for snowshoeing.  So by removing any snowshoe races from my schedule and struggling with running on pavement, it becomes very easy to lose motivation for the daily workout.




The trails are very icy because of the thaw followed by a freeze.  Navigation beside the path is difficult if not impossible at times.  Today's temperature was comfortable enough but I just couldn't get going.  Even with a bit more time out on the trail, I'm having trouble getting caught up with all the podcasts I've downloaded.

7 miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment