Sunday, February 23, 2014

Making Running Play

Today reminded me of why I continue to run even with having to deal with knee issues as I age. There have been times when I wonder why I'm out pushing myself into discomfort but then have a run like today that is totally a joy. There's no doubt that I feel better running in snowshoes on snow than on roads or summer trails.

Last Thursday's snowstorm has left the quarry trails in the best condition for snow running that I've seen this winter. The storm also created havoc with trees and branches in the woods. But that is exactly what set today apart. I was not just out trying to run down a trail but rather running, ducking, twisting and jumping...felt like a kid again!









Friday night and yesterday was taken by helping at the NJCAA Region XI indoor track meet at Storm Lake. We had a few national qualifying performances and some other close calls.  Men's results and women's results  There's a last chance meet next Friday.

6 miles today.

No comments:

Post a Comment