Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Backroads

I believe there's something beautiful about the county-side in Iowa. It's just not always apparent at this time of year.

I'd much rather be finding my way back onto the wooded trails!

Perhaps more disturbing than picking up trash while in the woods, is the amount of trash that shows up beside the country roads. I have taken the distraction of collecting the recyclable cans and bottles as a challenge when I run. This time of year is particularly vulnerable as the debris is so visible during the melt. 

1st of three bags today even after three yesterday
What's of more concern than the presence of the cans, is that the predominance of beer cans and liquor bottles means there's a lot of vehicles on these roads with drivers that are likely drinking!

5 mile loop (now nick-named "the three bag loop").

No comments:

Post a Comment