Thursday, January 16, 2014

First Tracks Again

Yesterday was status quo and I ran my typical workout with snowshoes.  There was a bit of fresh snow overnight but also rather strong winds.  
The trails had enough new snow that the county was able to get out and groom...great running conditions as I was the first to show up after the groom. My time out there was a bit schizophrenic with sunshine and wind then overcast and snow flurries then sun and snow flurries. 


The bonus once I got out to my ancillary trails was being 1st tracks on the fresh snow except for the wildlife. The routine deer tracks were obvious but I was treated today to coyote tracks that appeared to be so fresh that I kept looking ahead for a glimpse. I saw one a couple years ago and the county posted a shot from a game camera they set up this winter so there's positive evidence of the coyote activity in the area.


7 miles yesterday and 8 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment