Monday, January 13, 2014

Long Shadows

One adjustment that has been allowed by retirement is the ability to get out for my runs at mid-day.  I've forgotten what it's like to enjoy a run as the sun is going down.

Today I found my mid-day consumed with a water supply consulting job.  So my snowshoe was postponed until after 4 PM.  It was very pleasant and the difference in lighting struck me as something that I've missed. My first clue was how long my shadow appeared while running my warm-up leg.


I turned back and enjoyed the change in color as the sun dropped lower towards the horizon.


 And the way the prairie grasses seemed to glow.


By the time I'd finished my workout, the moon had become very visible and is approaching it's full phase.


Cut it a bit short tonight at 5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment