Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Roller Coaster

I can't remember a winter that has had the weather fluctuations of this one. Bitter cold and wind followed by a short warm-up then another cold spell. Alberta Clippers have been mentioned on the weather reports.
My winter look...abandoned before the track meet...now clean-shaven!
I haven't posted since Thursday, partly due to an indoor track meet in Sioux Center at Dordt College and partly due a 24-hour bug I somehow contracted.  The meet went quite well for NIACC and we gained some more national qualifiers. I then woke up in the middle of the night, vomiting and with a slight fever. I suspected food poisoning but perhaps just a stomach flu.



Got out on the trails on Monday after a day in because of the flu. It was peaceful and snowing while out there. Ended up with 8 miles on the day. I saw that someone else was running the trails on regular running shoes...eventually crossed paths with an ex-NIACC runner, Ethan Mulford.



Today was bitter cold again but I felt great while running, I only felt cold when stopped or walking. I could see by tracks that a friend of mine, Dave Nauman, was also running some of the trails on his Northern Lite snowshoes.
Apparently a favorite tree for local woodpeckers!
7 miles today.





No comments:

Post a Comment