Sunday, January 5, 2014

Silent Killers

Saw evidence that the owls were out hunting in the woods last night. Occasionally, I can see one gliding through the brush but they are really quiet.



It was very cold out today with temperatures continuing to drop and winds increasing. It is supposed to drop into dangerously low sub-zero temps and wind chill overnight. But today again, it was fun to be in the woods and the bluffs offered a bit of protection.  A Facebook group called Ice Beard Runners just invited me to join and coincidentally I haven't shaved since Christmas so I decided to post a photo.  Most of the members that are posting have shown some significantly better frost build-ups than me.

Mid-run

Nearing the end...by the Old Mill on Lime Creek Trail system

But how about this ice beard!  Hope the weather doesn't have this effect on any runners tomorrow.
I, Hatchet Jack, being of sound mind and broke legs, do leaveth my rifle to the next thing who finds it, Lord hope he be a white man. It is a good rifle, and kilt the bear that kilt me. Anyway, I am dead. Sincerely, Hatchet Jack.      


Found myself remembering past conditions at a specific location along the trail...but for some reason I really didn't mind the snow of today.

January 5, 2014

June 13, 2013

April 16, 2013

2 comments:

  1. Love the juxtaposition of the river shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks George...it's fun to see the changes occur.

    Love your ice beard shots on Facebook, as well!!

    ReplyDelete