Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Trail Gods Giveth

So I'm sure some of my past blog entries have indicated how dedicated (or anal) I am about cleaning trash and recyclables from the trail.  Well, either due to good karma or perhaps simply someone that knows I stop for cast-off trail debris, but with an early start today I happened upon a gift.  The Gods chose to leave an unopened can of beer sitting in the trail.

So I promptly scooped it up and holstered it in my new Nathan running vest.  I wan't some more experience with weight in the vest anyway and it fit nicely in the draw pouch for a water bottle!


On an even more positive note, the run felt incredibly good. There was a bit of tenderness from the cortisone injection site but my niggles have disappeared and the legs and backside felt great.  The knees are noticeably less painful and I've noted that I can take stairs without having to favor them.  This is a good thing as there are a lot of ups and downs on the Black Hills course.

5 miles with very little hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment