Sunday, December 30, 2012

Snow Bikes

Great day outside today.  It's staying cold enough that we aren't losing a lot of snow to the sun and today was calm enough that it was pleasant even when temps were below 20 degrees F.

I looked up from my route along the quarry pond to see a winter biker.  Something that has been increasing each winter recently is the appearance of snow-bike tire tracks on the quarry and Wild Turkey trails.  This turned out to be Seth Bell, with whom I formerly worked when I was a part-time employee at Wayne's Ski and Cycle.

One of Seth's winter arsenal

Seth  enjoying the sun and refreshment during his afternoon ride.
I was able to get in 6 miles today, mostly at an easy pace.  This brought me to only 17 for this week but up to 3030 for the year with one more day to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment