Thursday, July 18, 2013

Bouldering

One of my most enjoyable places to run has been in the mountains of Colorado....unfortunately, I live in Iowa.  So imagine my surprise when running the trails of Lime Creek Nature Center and coming across some boulders!  Just not quite like what I see in Colorado.




Colorado

Lovell Gulch, Colorado

Colorado


Lime Creek, Iowa

Iowa
So perhaps there's a difference between boulders in Colorado and Iowa....at least now I can see some on my daily run for inspiration!  Prairie flowers continue to emerge and today's Prairie Cone Flower was also a bit inspirational.


The humidity and heat have been uncomfortable so I'm waiting for a break before continuing any speedwork. 

Got 5 in on Tuesday, 11 on Wednesday and 6 today with another 3 mile recovery outing tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment