Monday, July 1, 2013

Hog Wild

Guess the weekend got away from me and I didn't keep up with my posting.  A good stretch of weather and finally having a couple of goal races helped me stay focused!

Some steady runs in the mornings and some recovery in the evenings allowed me to hit my best weekly mileage in quite some time...62 miles for the week.  Yesterday was great with a run early then an evening at the gala hosted by Central Gardens of North Iowa at Clear Lake.  Pork sandwiches, lots of hors d'oeuvres, desserts, and keg beer.



Roast pork off the grill.


Today was busy with end-of-month reporting for Iowa Dept. of Natural Resources but I got out for a good run after lunch and included some of the prairie loops today.  Need to be mindful of running too close to Wild Parsnip though, as it can really cause some welts or rash.  7 mile run and a 3 mile recovery tonight.

A spectator along the trail, she's been getting less and less wary!

Wild Parsnip...do not run into this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment