Monday, July 8, 2013

Objects in the Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer than They Are

Perhaps I have been over-zealous in my plan to attempt the age-group record at this weekend's Duesey Days festival.  Most of my recent training has been slow and geared more for fat-burning rather than speed.  I'm fairly confident I have a good base.
Not a good base!

What I'm afraid I'm guilty of, is failure to accept the limitations brought on by arthritis in my knees.  In other words, I remember running smooth and fast as if it were a short time ago...but it's been around 7 years since the knee pain crept in.  Therefore, the title of today's post..."Objects in the Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer than They Are."

I intend to work through another track session this week and cut back a bit on the miles so I'll have some sense of being ready for a 2 mile race on Saturday. But my expectations have changed as the date looms closer.

A good run today, though, with 8 miles on the trails and another 3 mile hike yet tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment