Thursday, July 19, 2012

Trying To Reload

I've been grousing about the weather and not feeling very sharp...maybe part of it is a normal let-down following all the training for a peak effort....maybe part of it is that I'm just getting older and it takes longer to recover and become revitalized.

But regardless, I am excited to have reached a new age category and get a chance to race again this weekend.  The woods in summer are a lot more boring than in winter or spring and the dryness and hot daytime temps only add to the monotony.  So I purposely took it easy today to reload for the race.  I also wanted to be out a bit longer because with the cutback in time on the trails, I have less time to finish listening to all the podcasts I've begun to follow. 

It has been interesting to watch my heart rate while using my cycle computer when riding...so today I rigged a makeshift wrist band to use the bike computer while running!  Pleasantly surprised by where I could hold my pulse at a comfortable pace.

6 miles this AM and a hike yet tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment