Friday, February 17, 2012

Head For The Hills

Wanting to kick-off the weekend with a good run because of indoor track Regional meet tonight and tomorrow,  head coach Curtis Vais, contacted me for a long run this morning.  We headed out to some near-by gravel roads that consist of some of the few hills to be found around Mason City.
Me wearing my safety orange Dion snowshoe jacket (only snow is in a ditch)!

Curtis Vais heading down one of the hills often used for NIACC practice
This route afforded us the benefit of solid footing and room to run while talking (assuming I could keep up) in addition to some hills.  The run went fairly well for me, though I tired from the steadiness of the roads and no change in foot plant that I get at the trails.

Upon return home, I used Google Earth to estimate the distance of our route and found it was nearly 11 miles.  My most consistent run, not on trails, in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment