Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Playing It Safe

Rather than continue to lament over poor trail conditions, I chose to run the roads again.  I can run gravel and shoulders and be totally assured of solid footing.  So straight out, often used, North Carolina Avenue to County B20 then back in on gravel to Plymouth Road and paved streets to return.  
County B20
I was pleasantly surprised today by how easy I was able to keep running.  I did, however, get plenty of short breaks because I still find it difficult to ignore discarded deposit containers and recyclable bottles.  


The loop ends up being 8 miles and I chose to run the majority of it with only the quick stops along the way.  I filled one entire bag with recyclables before I arrived home. A mile walk as cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment