Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Foxy Lady

Beautiful on the trails today, even with a steady breeze.  But for some reason it seemed as if I were under attack. First a shadow overhead caused me to duck but it was only a Great Blue Heron blocking out the sun.  Then it seemed as if a gang of wild turkeys were racing me, as they trotted away ahead of me, then ran in from another angle further up the trail...pretty neat to see how fast they were but I doubt if they ran as far as I did!  Then when crossing the prairie I was startled by a Fox Snake that was sunning itself.

It was stretched out until I came back for this photo.
With the potential of holiday travel interrupting my weekend schedule, and to see if I could do it, I tried for a longer run today with very little hiking.  Pleased that some sections felt great and I could open up without knee pain.

15 miles in the AM. 3 miles PM

No comments:

Post a Comment