Monday, April 2, 2012

Party In the Forest

I came across a campfire ring today that was totally disrespectful of the woods.  Garbage and cans were strewn everywhere and no attempt had been made to clean anything up.  I didn't even want to take a before and after photo as I picked it all up...four grocery bags for trash and four more of recycle cans!

I finally got to rolling on the trails and was pleased to feel OK running even after yesterday's long run.  Some interesting sightings today...a Cooper's Hawk with a rodent in its clutches as it flew past me, across the path, and into the woods.  Then the forest floor was coming alive with a carpet of False Rue Anemone.



Then a bit later, some additional construction by mountain bikers to help get across the abandoned railroad tracks.


A good outing...10 miles in the AM and another recovery hike in the PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment