Sunday, April 1, 2012

Venti

I've had the intent to get in a 20 mile run before now in my build towards the Black Hills 50.  I did claim a 20 mile day last week but that was due to the additional recovery outing later that evening.  Today I was finally able to put together a time slot and an effort that snagged me my 20!  Although I was certainly tiring by the end, I was pleased with the effort and the fact that it was a majority of running with only a few hiking segments.

It was foggy and a bit chilly when I started at dawn but rather comfortable within a couple hours and the sun was beginning to burn through the fog before my finish.  The heart rate monitor would simply not function properly so I removed the new battery from the receiver and tossed the rest of the damn thing in the trash. 

I'm planning a short recovery hike yet later tonight.

20 in the AM and 3 in the PM for a 76 mile week.

No comments:

Post a Comment