Friday, January 13, 2012

Self-Coaching and Conscience

I've not had anyone that I could call a coach for my personal running regime since I graduated high school in 1970.  Decisions about workouts have always been based on books, magazines, discussions with running partners, and just plain "by feel." 

However, once you're married, you gain some opinions or insight into what you're doing whether you ask for it or not. Today, when I announced my intention to get out in the morning for my workout (10 miles), my wife reminded me of my condition just 24 hours earlier and perhaps consider more rest.  I listened to her...at least until late afternoon...when the sunshine and lack of wind was too much to ignor.  More often than not, she's right about when I'm being stupid with the amount of mileage I'm trying to keep.

I got out for an easy 4 miles and was even able to run the final mile with Dave Nauman and get some more visiting in while headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment