Thursday, March 22, 2012

Early Spring

I went back to the area around the old Krieger foundations to get a photo of the root cellar.  I've added those shots to the previous post.

The floor of the woods is really changing daily as the vegetation takes off.  Today I saw Bloodroot flowers.  This seems at least three weeks to a month early this year.  So unless the recent weather trend drastically changes, I'll be hunting for morel mushrooms a lot earlier this year.

I thought about how much easier it is becoming for me to actually run routinely on my run days.  Perhaps I've been too guarded in recent years and I may have benefited sooner from strengthening the knee capsule through increased exercise rather than additional rest.  The running felt nearly normal for most of today's 10 mile loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment