Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hill Repeats?

Partly due to the muddy conditions yesterday and partly because it's been a while since I've tried any up-tempo running, I chose to abandon plans to add more trail miles in favor of hill repeats at East Park today.  But for whatever reason, once there I felt lethargic, and with short rain showers occurring, I chose to bail after my first repeat...I guess that means they weren't repeats...Instead I hiked home early to work on projects around the house.  My general plan is to get another good long run or two in before the week ends!

Perhaps its my age that interferes with recovery but also because of that age (through experience), I've learned not to push too hard to finish a workout that just isn't working.  I've done that plenty of times and continued to feel tired for days.  I'll shoot for extra sleep tonight because I've been watching TV and working on the computer until the wee hours of the morning lately.  I need my rest if I want to continue the build towards June.


6 miles 

No comments:

Post a Comment